They’re so delightfully fluffy, with lots of zesty tang, and perfect for breakfast any day of the week. We top ours with berries for healthy, slivered almonds for crunch, and honey for sweetness, but you can (and should) use whatever you like!
1) In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well to combine.
2) In another bowl, whisk together the eggs. Then add the milk, ricotta and vanilla, beating well.
3) Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Then, fold the lemon juice and zest through the mix until well distributed. Be careful of over mixing the batter.
4) Pour pancakes into a hot buttered pan, at the size you want. We used about 1/3 cup for each, and have a large pan so we could cook a few at a time. Don’t try and cook too many though, or they can blend together. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, flipping when small bubbles appear on the top.
5) Serve with berries, slivered almonds, honey, or your choice of toppings.
Qty per 285g serve Qty per 100g Energy 1830kJ 642kJ Protein 24g 9g Fat,total 17.9g 6.3g -saturated 7.6g 2.7g Carbohydrate 29g 10g -sugars 14.3g 5g Dietary Fibre 0.68g 0.24g Sodium 493mg 173mg
Read more at: https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/recipes/lemon-ricotta-pancakes/